Location – Penticton, BC
Hourly Rate – Depending on experience
Years of Experience – 3 years related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Education - Post-secondary education - competencies in business including procurement, payroll, and accounts payable (preferred)
Highly self-motivated, you’ve always been the kind of person who is driven by success, getting the job done and being a team player. You thrive in a high-pressure environment, and can easily manage competing priorities. You maintain an extremely high level of professionalism when dealing with co-workers, suppliers and customers, and you strive to achieve consensus and cohesion. You’re skillful in all areas of business administration, and are a valuable resource in reducing costs, streamlining processes and adding to the bottom line of your employer.
You will prepare and administer purchase orders, provide follow-up and review receiving to ensure transactional accuracy. Ongoing procurement activities include:
- Creating monthly standing purchase orders and purchase orders from requisitions
- Arranging shipments of supplies and equipment
- Submitting documents as required
- Liaising with agents and vendors
- Administering onboarding of new suppliers and ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures
- Maintaining accuracy of the ERP software and the procurement information contained therein
- Ensuring persistent care of general ledger coding of expenditures
You will regularly review the accuracy of inventory information contained in the ERP. You will also work closely with the Purchasing Manager to ensure the operation has adequate supplies and help with preventing stockout situations.
You will help with various administrative duties including the following:
- Accounts payable
- Payroll coverage
- Basic bookkeeping
- Government remittances
- Expense reimbursement reporting
- Reception coverage and phone answering
You’ll work closely with production and administrative personnel.
- 3+ years related experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary education - experience with procurement, payroll, and accounts payable (preferred)
- Administrative skills including ERP data analysis, and intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products like Excel and Outlook
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Collaborative communicator
- Process driven
- Team player, with a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and problem solve
- Relationship builder
What We Offer
Penticton Foundry is a place where innovation meets hard work and determination. While other foundries have fallen by the wayside, Penticton Foundry has continued to flourish in large part because of its high quality and desire to innovate.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package and incentive bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Investment in our people, and a learning environment
- Company events and a supportive culture
- Opportunities for growth and development
Our foundry is in the outdoor-minded Okanagan Valley, BC, where your lifestyle is defined as much by your after-work interests, as it is by your career.
We invest in people like you – organized, self-motivated, with an ability to excel in a team environment.
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, then apply today. Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop a resume off at Penticton Foundry (568 Dawson Avenue, Penticton BC). You can also use the Apply function on our website (located at the bottom of the job posting). Please make sure to indicate that you are applying for the Buyer and Administrative Assistant role.